IBM has released the 9.6.1 version of “classic” DOORS & Web Access. The Fix list has quite a lot of fixes implemented and this release has also some new functionality:
- Support for Microsoft Word macros during document generation in RRDG.
- Separate login configuration options in the database properties interface.
- Increased auditing capabilities of login history
- Support for Windows 8.1.
But maybe the greatest change is hidden in the installation instuctions:
- “The Rational DOORS 9.6.1 client and interoperation server now support 64-bit Windows. There is no support for 32 bit.”
- “The Rational DOORS Web Access 9.6.1 server now supports 64-bit Windows and Linux. There is no support for 32 bit.”
So, only 64 bit Windows client is included in the installation package.
In addition to the above, also a DOORS Next Generation version was released. The new 5.0.2 includes some new functionality, e.g. inserted document preview. The previous version of DNG (5.0.1) was only a fix release.